[mpich-discuss] Problems with conversion from 32-bit to 64-bit

Hiatt, Dave M dave.m.hiatt at citi.com
Tue Jun 1 11:22:51 CDT 2010

We are using Windows 7, MS Visual Studio 2008, and MPICH2 1.2.1, we build both the Win32 and x64 versions from the same projects.  We have some machines with Win32 MPI and some with x64, both work as advertised.

I would suggest based on your descriptions to look for some obvious things.

Remember that the x64 build puts the Debug and Release in x64\Debug and x64\Release instead of just Release and Debug.  It might just be as simple as not having and up to date copy procedure to where you execute from.

Also remember to restart the smpd for the x64 version.  I'd look for things like that.  We found it went very smoothly and works fine, so the underlying components work just fine, I can tell you that.