[mpich-discuss] Fix for Hydra/blaunch in MPICH2-1.3

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 23 15:50:58 CDT 2010

On 07/23/2010 03:41 PM, Yauheni Zelenko wrote:
> It works! Thank you for help!

Great.

> I have just question about query_node_list(). Is it default which may
>  be overwritten with mpiexec command line parameters or not?

Yes, that's correct. If you pass the "-f" option for the host list,
Hydra will not query for the node list from LSF.

> Our application may use multi-threading in each process launch from
> MPI, so sometimes we need to run one instance per host and use host's
>  CPUs given by LSF, so it'll be problem if query_node_list() could
> not be overwritten.

In this case, you should use the -ppn option (processes per node) to
mpiexec. This will overwrite the number of cores mpiexec detects, and
use the number specified by the user. This way, you can still let Hydra
query LSF for the node list, but force it to just run one process per
each node.

  -- Pavan