[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 problem

Grzegorz Dwornicki gd1100 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:51:04 CDT 2010

Hello

If im writing double message on list pls let me know.

Im writing a graduating paper on my university about MPICH and im having
some trouble launching programs. For example I need to run perfomance tests
on cluster, to determine it max. potencial. To do this Im using hpl linpack
from http://www.netlib.org/benchmark/hpl/. Compilation goes without any
errors but when I type f.e:

mpirun -np 4 ./xhpl

Im getting output like this:
0 - <NO ERROR MESSAGE> : Could not convert index 1140850688 into a pointer
The index may be an incorrect argument.
Possible sources of this problem are a missing "include 'mpif.h'",
a misspelled MPI object (e.g., MPI_COM_WORLD instead of MPI_COMM_WORLD)
or a misspelled user variable for an MPI object (e.g.,
com instead of comm).
[0]  Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_3435:  p4_error: : 9039

Ive found on the Web information that this is fault of using mpich1 not
mpich2, soo Ive upgrades mpich to mpich2:

 dpkg -l | grep mpich
(...)
ii  libmpich2-1.2                        1.2.1.1-4                    Shared
libraries for MPICH2
ii  mpich-bin                            1.2.7-8                      MPI
parallel computing system implementation
ii  mpich2                               1.2.1.1-4
Implementation of the MPI Message Passing In
(...)

And this doesn't help. I admit that Im stuck, on internet I cant find
anythig usefull.

p.s. mpd apears to work.

sry for my bad english
Gregory