[mpich-discuss] Kernel based SCTP stack for Windows

Bruce Cran bruce.cran at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:41:31 CDT 2010

On 14 July 2010 02:01, Jayesh Krishna <jayesh at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>  And you can copy mpich-discuss during your discussions. We can assist in integrating your stack with MPICH2 on windows.

To use SctpDrv you just need to point the include path at C:\Program
Files\SctpDrv\inc (it contains with ws2sctp.h and netinet/sctp.h) and
the library path at C:\Program Files\SctpDrv\lib, which contains
libsctp.a for cygwin applications and sctpsp.lib for native Windows
apps.  The installer can be found at
http://www.bluestop.org/SctpDrv/releases/1.1.5/en-us/ , though
libsctp.a is missing and will be present in 1.1.6.

I've been trying to build mpich2 on Windows 7 x64 but have been
encountering some problems - I'm using Visual Studio 2010 so I don't
know if that's causing issues, but it seems mpl.h isn't in the include
path. I managed to work around earlier issues by trial and error, and
will create a patch to the README file (for example, winconfigure.wsf
should be run as "cscript winconfigure.wsf" under cygwin with
nodosfilewarning set - also, it seems the Windows HPC pack is
required, which isn't documented.

Is building using Visual C++ 2008 likely to work better?

--
Bruce Cran