[mpich-discuss] R: Re: mpich2 and windows 7

mgianeselli at libero.it mgianeselli at libero.it
Wed Jul 14 12:14:04 CDT 2010

Hi
Thank you very much,now it works also in windows 7 64 bit; the only way I
found is to install first of all mpich2 1.2.1 64 bit and then the 32 bit
version.
I have just to remember to close the firewall when I use mpiexec.

Regards
Michele

launch the installer from an admin command prompt for the installation to
succeed (Right-click on command prompt icon - select "Run as administrator" -
Use msiexec utility, "msiexec /i mpich2-1.2.1p1-win-x86-64.msi", to install
MPICH2 from the command prompt.).
> And as Dave suggested we currently don't provide the wrapper utils with 64-
bit version (These should be available in the upcoming version though) and
hence no associated startup menu items.