[mpich-discuss] Can't boot mpd anymore after cluster reboot

Thomas Ruedas ruedas at dtm.ciw.edu
Wed Jan 27 13:38:23 CST 2010

Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> Probably something changed with the networking settings on the machines.
> Is there a firewall? You can use the the mpdcheck utility to debug the
> problem as described in the Appendix of the installation guide.
I have done a couple of tests like those in the appendix, and it seems
that the nodes can communicate. I can even start a ring and execute e.g.
hostname on two nodes via mpiexec if I start the mpds on the nodes
separately by hand, the one on the second node as a client to the one on
the first. Nonetheless, mpdboot specifically does not work.
Any ideas?
Thomas