[mpich-discuss] Allowing client systems to come and go

Hiatt, Dave M dave.m.hiatt at citi.com
Mon Jan 25 13:59:45 CST 2010

It is advantageous for us to use MPICH2 to handle the setup and status traffic between the client computers that allow users to enter data and initiate runs and the gateway system to our cluster.  The client systems are Windows 7, the gateway box is Centos 5.4, as is the cluster.  I thought I saw some references to how to allow systems to attach to and then drop out of communicators on an ad hoc basis.  The Linux gateway system will be up 24/7 and can host all the communicators, or participate in them depending on the best approach.  So can someone refresh my memory, did I see a discussion on this topic within the last 6 months.

To start with there will be about 25 client systems, so, is this a practical approach?  Thanks

dave

"Consequences, Schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich". - Daffy Duck
Dave Hiatt
Market Risk Systems
CitiMortgage, Inc.
1000 Technology Dr.