[mpich-discuss] A problem about installing MPICH2

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 22 12:05:07 CST 2010

Hi mzxiang

Just in case this is the source of all the confusion:

Are you literally using "/mypath" as your installation directory
path?
Does "/mypath"  really exist in your system?
What is the output of "ls -ld /mypath"?

If "/mypath" doesn't exist in your system,
you can try something else ("/mypath" is not
the best choice for installation directory anyway).

You can create an installation directory, say,
something like:

mkdir /home/mzxiang/software/mpich2-1.2.1

(Good if you are the only user of this mpich,
otherwise you can use, say, /usr/local/mpich2-1.2.1 instead.)

Then configure MPICH2 to be installed there with:

./configure   --prefix=/home/mzxiang/software/mpich2-1.2.1

****

Also, Rajeev already mentioned that there is a missing space
in your configure command line, "./configure--prefix= ..."
should be "./configure   --prefix= ..."

I hope this helps.

Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa