[mpich-discuss] Hydra unable to execute jobs that use more than one node(host) under PBS RMK

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 16 21:42:40 CST 2010

On 01/16/2010 07:13 PM, Mário Costa wrote:
> I have one question, does mpiexec.hydra agregates the outputs from all
> launched mpi processes ?

Yes.

> I think it might hang waiting for the output of ssh, that for some
> reason doesn't come out, could this be the case ?

Yes, that's my guess too. This behavior is also possible if the MPI
processes hang. But an ssh problem seems more likely in this case. In
the previous email, when you tried a non-MPI program, did it hang as well?

% mpiexec.hydra -rmk pbs hostname

> Here we use ldap in the nodes of the cluster, I've read something
> about ssh processes getting defunct due to ldap ...

Hmm.. This keeps getting more and more interesting :-).

 -- Pavan