[mpich-discuss] New communicator from connect/accept primitives

Francisco Javier García Blas fjblas at arcos.inf.uc3m.es
Fri Jan 15 11:09:22 CST 2010

Hello all,

I wondering the possibility of get a new inter-comunicator from N communicators, which are results from different calls of mpi_comm_connect or mpi_comm_accept.

My initial solution was first,  to get the group of each inter-communicator with mpi_comm_group, second, to join all the groups into one bigger and finally, to create a new communicator from the group with the mpi_comm_create primitive.

Currently I am handling a pool of inter - communicators in order to keep the functionality. However this idea is not suitable for collective and MPI_ANY_SOURCE sends/recvs.

Exist another way to join all the inter-communicator into one?

Any suggestion?

Best regards.

Francisco Javier García Blas
Computer Architecture, Communications and Systems Area.
Computer Science Department. UNIVERSIDAD CARLOS III DE MADRID
Avda. de la Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés (Madrid), SPAIN
e-mail: fjblas at arcos.inf.uc3m.es
              fjblas at inf.uc3m.es