[mpich-discuss] debugger attach under hydra.

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 5 13:08:02 CST 2010

Hi Ashley,

On 01/05/2010 12:43 PM, Ashley Pittman wrote:
> I can get padb to attach to hydra jobs on my laptop only after I apply
> the following patch, it simply converts localhost to the hostname.  I
> don't have access to anything bigger this week as I'm away.

I didn't think the debugger interface required the hostname to be the
same as what gethostname() returns. "hostname" is really, in some sense,
a network name. So, on machines that have multiple networks (or
aliases), this would be incorrect anyway.

> It appears that MPIR_PROCTABLE.pid is of type long as well which is also
> a bug, it works on my laptop as it's 32bit but I suspect it's broken on
> 64bit.

Hmm.. The interface document at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpi/mpi-debug/mpich-attach.txt
says it should be int. You are right; this looks like a bug.

 -- Pavan