[mpich-discuss] A Windows 7 implementation question

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Feb 23 03:01:58 CST 2010

I have no expertise in the matter, but I'd bet that there is a 'group policy' setting/object somewhere that will allow you to enable background tasks/processes from other users via remote connections. Do you have some expert administrator for windows stuff that might know? (I tried googling, but there were too many unrelated hits).

JB

4 - Am I overlooking some other obvious solution that would be easier and solve all these problems beyond having to buy a whole new set of dedicated systems to run as a full time test cluster (right now I'll never get funding for that but I realize that is the solution that SHOULD be done, but I don't have anyone to bankroll it).