[mpich-discuss] mpdboot hanging

Jason Palmer jason at sccn.ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 12 17:12:37 CST 2010

Hi,

This is probably something simple, but when I run mpdboot with a file
containing node names, mpd is started on the all the nodes but the last one
in the list (in the mpd.hosts file) and mpdboot hangs without returning. If
I hit ctrl-C it breaks saying it was in a function "handle shells that
echo", with the mpd's that were started still up.

I ran mpdboot successfully before as I recall, with no hanging, and all the
mpd's requested being started on all the nodes in the file, so it seems like
something simple has changed to cause this issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason