[mpich-discuss] MPI Implementation on 1 module

Gulshan Singh sgulshan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 20:40:24 CST 2010

Is it possible to implement MPI on one module of a code (total number of
modules> 10)? So MPI starts when the particular module is called and the MPI
collapses as soon as the computation in the module is finished.

There are more than 10 modules in the software we are trying to modify to
improve the speed. We know that the most time is taken by only one module.
We wish to parallelize (or perform distributed computing) on that module
using MPI.

Reasons behind our wish to implement MPI on only one module are:
1. This is the module that takes maximum time.
2. We have full access to the source code of this module. (limited access to
the source code of the remaining modules).

Regards
Gulshan