[mpich-discuss] Error running with hydra

Gaetano Bellanca gaetano.bellanca at unife.it
Fri Dec 10 06:31:37 CST 2010

Dear Pavan,

this is my command for mpiexec.hydra:

mpiexec.hydra -bootstrap ssh -f machinefile -n 4 ./3dfdtd > run.txt <
/dev/null

and this is the one for mpd:

mpiexec -machinefile machinefile -n 4 ./3dfdtd > run.txt < /dev/null

I have been able to have the code running with hydra removing the <
/dev/null at the end of the script, that was added by one of my students
(I don't know why).
It seems to create some problems with hydra, but not with mpd.

We need to change from mpd (we use to run it at boot time as root) to
hydra because mpd daemons sometimes  die without reasons on the slave
machines on this system (where we are using scientific linux). All is
regularly working with mpd on another cluster running ubuntu server 10.04.

Regards.

Gaetano