[mpich-discuss] problem abut mpich2

Liu Jing jliu at cuhk.edu.hk
Tue Dec 7 01:45:45 CST 2010

Hi,
  I'v compiled mpich2-1.0.5p4 and put their root to ~/.cshrc. I met the
following errors, would you
like to help me, thank you.
  1.Run mpd & , i get the error: gc60.chem.cuhk.edu.hk_34610 (mpd_sockpair
226): connect -3 Temporary failure in name resolution
gc60.chem.cuhk.edu.hk_34610 (mpd_sockpair 233): connect error with -3
Temporary failure in name resolution
But when i use mpdtrace command and find that a  mpd is already running in
the local machine gc60.
 So my first question is : What's the warrning meaning and how to settle it?

  2. I want to use two machines with mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts, but i failed
with the warrning:
“mpdboot_gc60.chem.cuhk.edu.hk (handle_mpd_output 374): failed to ping mpd
on gc59; recvd output={}”
mpd.hosts:
gc60
gc59
and there is no problem to rsh each other among these two machine. Can you
give me some suggestions to settle it, thank you

best wishes
jane