[mpich-discuss] reading data into a parallel program

Prashanth prashanth.dumpuri at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:44:53 CST 2010

All,
   I have a main program that reads input data from files and 3
filters/classes instantiated within the main program that process the
datasets. I have parallelized 2 of those 3 classes (using MPICH2). Is it
faster to read data on the root processor and then broadcast it to all the
child nodes or should I let all the nodes read the data?
    I'm running my main program on a Windows XP machine with an Intel Quad
core processor.
Thanks
Prashanth