[mpich-discuss] make problem

Chengshu Wang CSWang at vector-seismic.com
Fri Dec 3 10:48:23 CST 2010

Dear Dave Goodell,

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Chengshu Wang
Vector Seismic Data Processing, Inc.
1801 Broadway #1151
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (303)446-5725
cswang at vector-seismic.com

-----Original Message-----
From: mpich-discuss-bounces at mcs.anl.gov [mailto:mpich-discuss-bounces at mcs.anl.gov] On Behalf Of Dave Goodell
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 2:56 PM
To: mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: Re: [mpich-discuss] make problem

That's bizarre.  We provide a declaration for strncmp because our configure test said that it was needed.  But it looks like your compiler is then expanding our declaration into some sort of inline replacement, as though we were calling the function rather than declaring it.  It looks similar to this unresolved mailing list thread from another project: http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2000-November/009810.html

Maybe we should be guarding these decls with an "#ifndef strncmp"?

Can you send us the "src/mpl/config.log" file as well?  That might help us figure out what's going on here.

-Dave