[mpich-discuss] using hydra to start a task on a specific node

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 19 18:39:39 CDT 2010

Please note that some of these features are added after mpich2-1.2.1p1
was released (such as the hostlist parameter).

But if you are feeling adventurous today, read on :-).

You can pick the Hydra version from mpich2-1.3b1
(http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/1.3b1/hydra-1.3b1.tar.gz)
and use it to run applications compiled with mpich2-1.2.1p1.

Building this new Hydra separately will give you an "mpiexec" and some
other executables files, which you can directly use with your existing
1.2.1p1 application. Just have the "--prefix" point to your existing
MPICH2's install location.

  -- Pavan