[mpich-discuss] mpdboot

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 12 13:11:23 CDT 2010

What version of MPICH2 are you using?

If you really want to use mpd and not hydra, try using the mpdcheck utility as described in the Installer's Guide.  "mpdboot" and mpd in general tend to yield very strange output in the face of any networking or configuration problems.  This is one of the many reasons that hydra was developed to replace mpd.

That said, the choice of mpd vs. hydra shouldn't usually affect the numerical outcome of any decently coded computation.  I would recommend just using hydra.

-Dave