[mpich-discuss] mpd as system process?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Aug 5 15:09:17 CDT 2010

Am 05.08.2010 um 21:53 schrieb Marc Moreau:

> I have been playing this for sometime with no luck what so ever.  mpd
> never boots and everything times out.  Here is what I get
>
> === Begin ===
> -catch_rsh /gridware/sge/default/spool/compute-1-24/active_jobs/53194.1/pe_hostfile
> /opt/mpich2-1.2.1p1
> compute-1-24:4

Ok, this looks like ROCKS. In this case it is necessary to add the "--short" to the `hostname` command to match the name of the master node of the parallel job. Unless you installed SGE to honor the FQDN (set during installation). The first round in the loop should this way always start the local mpd. Otherwise $PORT is empty and you get the error you got.

NODE=`hostname --short`

-- Reuti

PS: Yes, I should really rework the Howto to mention this.