[mpich-discuss] Problems with Pcontrol and MPE2 -- fixed, please accept this patch

Brian Wainscott brian at lstc.com
Tue Apr 27 11:29:53 CDT 2010

Hi Anthony,

OK, I've created a short program that does this:

 1 -- creates and dups some communicators
 2 -- frees some of them
 3 -- uses some of them, then frees them.

It can be compiled without any calls to MPI_Pcontrol, in which case it runs fine
and produces a log file.  It can also be compiled with calls to MPI_Pcontrol(0)
just before (1) and a call to MPI_Pcontrol(1) between (2) and (3).  (see
WITH_PCONTROL at the top of the source file).

If I build it with the MPI_Pcontrol calls in place, it segfaults with your latest
changes.  Hopefully this will help you figure out what is going on.

I'm using OpenMPI with MPE2, but I really don't think that matters.  I built it
with this command:

mpecc -mpilog -o dynasim dynasim.c

and ran it on 4 processors.

Good luck, and let me know what you find out.

Brian