[mpich-discuss] mvapich2 on multiple nodes: 2 problems

abc def cannonjunk at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 02:59:44 CDT 2010

DK, Thanks for the explanation about mvapich and mpich - I've checked and I'm definitely using mpich.
Bill, I have now ensured that the directories are all the same on both computers, and these directories contain the same files, but they're not linked by nfs - is this necessary? (I'm hoping not, because setting up nfs is somewhat beyond my skills!)

Just a reminder about this specific problem:
mpiexec -n 8 /home/me/software.ex

produces the following error:
MPIR_Init_thread(310): Initialization failed
MPID_Init(113).......: channel initialization failed
MPIDI_CH3_Init(244)..: process not on the same host (quad != december)Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:

And running:
mpirun_rsh -hostfile ./machinefile -n 8 /home/me/software.ex > job.out 2> job.err

produces the same error.

Help is very gratefully received!

Thanks!
James