[mpich-discuss] mvapich2 on multiple nodes: 2 problems

abc def cannonjunk at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 10:11:22 CDT 2010

Thanks for the quick reply.

According to the quickstart guide, it should be possible with mpd to launch a process using multiple processors (page 33 of www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/datapool/page/4224//install.pdf). Is this not correct then?

I'm not sure what version of mpich2 I'm using - how can I find out? "mpirun_rsh -v" doesn't work. It will be the version from around the end of last year though, since that's when I downloaded it. The nodes are connected by a simple standard ethernet connection.

I looked into mpirun_rsh as you kindly suggested, but when I run:
mpirun_rsh -hostfile ./machinefile -n 8 /home/me/test/software.ex > job.out 2> job.err

I get an error:
------
bash: line 0: cd: /home/me/test: No such file or directory
chdir: No such file or directory

Child exited abnormally!
Killing remote processes...DONE
------