[mpich-discuss] Running example "no such file or directory"

Brandt Belson bbelson at princeton.edu
Fri Apr 9 22:40:02 CDT 2010

Hello,
I have a seemingly simple problem. I've configured, built, and
installed MPICH2 on a Mac OS X 10.6 with 8 cores. Everything went
smoothly (eventually) using these commands:

#My own script to make MPICH v2 on mac OS X 10.6
export FFLAGS=-m64
export F90FLAGS=-m64
export CFLAGS=-m64
export F90=gfortran
export F77=gfortran
export CONFIGUREFLAGS='-prefix=/home/bbelson/mpiinstall
--enable-sharedlibs=osx-gcc --enable-f90 --enable-f77 --enable-cxx'
/home/bbelson/mpich2-1.2.1p1/configure $CONFIGUREFLAGS &>  c.txt
echo 'DONE CONFIGURE'
make &> m.txt
echo 'DONE MAKE'
sudo make install &> mi.txt
echo 'DONE MAKE INSTALL, DONE ALL'

I also prepended my PATH env. variable to include the install/bin
directory. I checked and I'm using the correct mpiexec, mpif90,
mpirun, etc.

I'm now trying to run the example pi3f90. I used the Makefile that
comes with MPICH, and it made the executable. I first ran " mpd &"
with .mpd.conf set up in my home directory, then tried running but got
this error:

$ mpiexec -n 1 pi3f90
problem with execution of pi3f90  on  rainier.princeton.edu:  [Errno
2] No such file or directory

I get the error printed to screen multiple times when I use more
processors. When I run pi3f90 without mpiexec, "./pi3f90", it works as
expected. How can I fix this?

Thank you,
Brandt