[mpich-discuss] Problem with .mpd.conf and Condor

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 7 19:47:05 CDT 2010

Can you have Condor treat .mpd.conf as an input file needed by your
program and hence have it copied over to the machine where your program
will run? You can try setting the environment variable HOME to the
directory where .mpd.conf is located.

If that doesn't work, you could use the hydra process manager that
doesn't need the .mpd.conf file. It should be built by default in MPICH2
1.2.1p1 and available by running with mpiexec.hydra. You can also build
MPICH2 with --with-pm=hydra and then use mpiexec directly. Also see
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager

Rajeev