[mpich-discuss] Aborting execution

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior lcjunior at ufrj.br
Wed Sep 23 17:29:07 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a implementation with the following problem:
During the execution, it is possible that some process find an error and, in
this case, the whole execution must be aborted. So far, I have been using
the MPI_ABORT function, but there is some stuff that the processes must do
before stop and the MPI_ABORT function doesn't return the control to its
calling function.

The only way I can see now is to fill the code with check-points to verify
if the computation can continue or create a group/communicator with all the
processes excepting the one that found the error and abort this group...

Is there a better way to implement such kind of behavior?
Is there any kind of callback that returns the control to an user function
in case of an abort is needed?

Thanks,
LC