[mpich-discuss] MPI_Publish_name/Open_port on windows

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 23 09:20:11 CDT 2009

 Hi,
  Unlike mpd, smpd does not form a ring (or any pre-connected n/w) before
a job is launched. So currently there is no way to publish_name from one
job and lookup_name from another job (publish_name/lookup_name only works
within a job - I admit its kind of lame...).
  You can try opening an MPI port and writing the port name returned to a
file and have the other processes read it (Now you have to make sure that
only one process writes to the file OR have some locking mechanism to
modify the file).

Regards,
Jayesh