[mpich-discuss] MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE

Lubomir Radev lubomirr at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 19:23:01 CDT 2009

Yes. I was using 1.0.8p1 originally, but after your suggestion got 1.1.1p1 and the problem persists.

I could reduce my code to a test case exhibiting the issue, but I need to understand why MPI_Init_thread() won't provide me with MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE support and always returns MPI_THREAD_SINGLE regardless of the channel configuration. I need to get that working first so my multi-threaded code can assume it operates in a correctly initialized environment and can legitimately call into MPICH2 simultaneously from more than one thread.

I'm using Boost.MPI wrapper (and Boost.Thread), but that shouldn't matter.

Thanks