[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 works if executed on single machine buthangs over network.

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 10 12:25:52 CDT 2009

Hi,
 The problem seems to be with the network setup of the machines.
 Are there any firewalls running on the machines (The firewalls could be
rejecting the socket connections)?
 Can you run non-MPI programs (mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile mf.txt hostname)
? Have you tried using different set of hosts (One host might be having a
problem but others might not - This could also help you in debugging any
pblms in the n/w)?

Regards,
Jayesh