[mpich-discuss] General Scalability Question

Hiatt, Dave M dave.m.hiatt at citi.com
Mon Oct 26 10:53:36 CDT 2009

Yes, it was.  I'm on 1.07 so the default was not Nemesis.  I think 1.1 defaults from ch3 to nemesis, but haven't tried that yet.  But yes the app was written to attack the problem this way and to lower the number of comm processes on purpose.  We tried several experiments and that's what worked well for us.  We also started on gigabyte Ethernet, but Infiniband tests were lots better.  But we push through a smaller number of messages that are pretty big, 400K.