[mpich-discuss] Problems with mpiexec.hydra in mpich2-1.2

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 19 09:52:32 CDT 2009

Bryan,

> I've recently installed mpich2-1.2 on three of our Linux clusters, and
> have found that mpiexec.hydra is no longer working on any of them. One is
> a Chelsio cluster, the other two are Infiniband, and all three are running
> RHEL5.
>
> The first few lines of the errors I'm seeing are appended below.
>
> Note that if I use the same executable built with mpich2-1.2, and then use
> the previous mpich2-1.1.1p1 version of mpiexec.hydra. it still works fine.

I believe you are running into this issue:
http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/893

This has been fixed, but the fix didn't make it into mpich2-1.2; it'll
be in 1.2.1. In the meanwhile, can you try using PBS as:

% mpiexec.hydra -rmk pbs ./hellof

.. and let us know if that works OK?

Thanks,

 -- Pavan