[mpich-discuss] relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Mário Costa mario.silva.costa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 06:12:48 CDT 2009

Hi,

The problem is that the irradiancecache.so library is dynamic, and you
are using mpich static library version libpmpich++.a.

Either you are compiling with -static with gnu, or you are specifying
the static library libpmpich++.a.

If that is the case remove the -static flag from gnu compiler in the
byuild script, or use -lmpich++ instead of the library ...

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Mário