[mpich-discuss] How to use myrinet in mpich2?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 16 11:24:14 CDT 2009

There are two ways to do this.

1. If you want to use the default process manager (mpd), you'll need to
follow the instructions given in section 5.3.2 of the user guide
(http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-1.2-userguide.pdf).
Note that you'll also need to use the --ifhn option in the command line
for the localhost.

2. The second way is to use the Hydra process manager. In that case, you
can just give your myri0 IP addresses in your host file and use:

% mpiexec.hydra -f hostfile -n 100 ./foo

You can find some documentation on using the second method here:
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager#Hydra_with_Non-Ethernet_Networks

 -- Pavan