[mpich-discuss] How to install several smpd instances at differentports in the same machine on Windows ?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 13 09:45:13 CDT 2009

Hi,
 Try using the "no-debug" debug option if you don't want any debug output
(smpd -d 0 -port 3000).
 I have created a ticket for the bug
(https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/897).
 However I wouldn't recommend running several instances of smpd on the
same windows machine (eg: I have to cross-check whether the different
instances use private registry entries or if they lock the entries
appropriately). Is there any reason (apart from debugging) you want to run
multiple instances of smpd on the same machine. Let us know if it works
for you.

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____