[mpich-discuss] Socket closed

Tim Kroeger tim.kroeger at cevis.uni-bremen.de
Mon Nov 16 04:08:23 CST 2009

Dear all,

The "Socket closed" problem that I discussed here two weeks ago is
still not solved.  I thought about a memory leak, but this turned out
to be not true; at least, when I print out the contents of
/proc/meminfo regularly within my application, nothing appears to
converge to zero therein.  Also, the crashes apprear rather
predictibly after a fixed number of time steps.  This number does
depend on the number of threads and number of nodes that I use, but it
does not depend on the actual time step size, so that a crash due to
numerical problems seems unlikely to me.

Are there any possibilities to let mpich2 do some more logging that
allows me to find out what is going on?

Best Regards,

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Kroeger
tim.kroeger at mevis.fraunhofer.de            Phone +49-421-218-7710

Fraunhofer MEVIS, Institute for Medical Image Computing
Universitaetsallee 29, 28359 Bremen, Germany