[mpich-discuss] MPI_Allgatherv complexity

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Mon Nov 2 18:11:33 CST 2009

Here is a graph of the time for an allgather as a function of message size.
We would like to scale up to 98K processors but as you can see the time for
all gather dramatically increases at 49K processors.  At 98K the time
increases by around a factor of 4 for the few datapoints that I have tested
(they are not in the graph).

Thanks,
Justin