[mpich-discuss] ROMIO ad_pvfs2_open

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 26 15:17:30 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 03:03:02PM -0500, Wei-keng Liao wrote:
> Rob,
>
> After I made a clean rebuild of mpich2-1.0.8p1, I no longer see the
> error.
> I guess a rebuild of mpich is required after upgrading pvfs2 to 2.8.1.

Hi Wei-keng.  I would say a rebuild of mpich is required after any
pvfs2 upgrade.  I do not think any effort is made to ensure binary
compatibility between releases.  We don't go out of our way to *break*
binary compatibility, but we don't try to maintain it either.

Glad that's the answer, though... I really had no idea what else that
could be :>

==rob

--
Rob Latham