[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 Support On Windows HPC Server 2008

Larry Adams ladams at platform.com
Tue May 5 14:18:19 CDT 2009

All,

I have attempted to get MPICH2 1.08 and 1.1 to work on Windows and
receive the following error when performing the following command:

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec -delegate -hosts 1
central2.itlab.platform.com hostname
GetGC failed 0x1
DsMakeSpn(mpich2_smpd, central2.itlab.platform.com, 8676) failed: The
parameter is incorrect.

unable to lookup the smpd Service Principal Name.
unable to initialize an sspi context command.
mpiexec aborting job...

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>

I am absolutely certain that I installed smpd using the following
command, and it was successful.

smpd -register_spn

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,