[mpich-discuss] Any application using mpi_barrier a lot?

Shanyuan Gao sygao.research at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:00:46 CDT 2009

My current research is trying to rewrite some collective MPI
operations to work with our system.  Barrier is my first step, maybe
I will have bcast and reduce in the future.  I have done some
synthetic tests.  Now I want a real application to measure the
performance improvement versus normal MPI_Barrier.  And the
improvement can only be measured if the barriers are executed many
times.  If you know any, please let me know.  Any comment are
welcomed, thanks!

Shan