[mpich-discuss] Adding a new API to MPI

Christina Patrick christina.subscribes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:22:36 CDT 2009

Hi Everybody,

I want to introduce a new API in MPI in the src/mpi/romio/mpi-io/ dir.
I named the file containing the new API as add_hint.c
I also made appropriate changes to the files
src/mpi/romio/mpi-io/Makefile, mpich2.def, mpi.def,
src/mpi/romio/include/mpio.h and src/include/mpio.h.
(I am not sure whether I need to make any changes to
src/util/multichannel/mpi.c file?)

However, whenever I run make in the mpich2 dir, it is not detecting
the new file add_hint.c?
I am also attaching the modified Makefile in this email for your reference.

Is there some other Makefile that I am supposed to modify?
If anybody could figure out the problem and please help me, I would
really appreciate it.

Thanks and Regards,
Christina.