[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

peter_raeth at juno.com peter_raeth at juno.com
Sat Jun 27 06:56:24 CDT 2009

Only if the default doesn't work.Unfortunatly, for someone like me, it is not clear when that change should be used.
Now that this is known, it would be a good idea to revise the installer's guide installation steps. When the steps in Section 2.2 are completed, a test with cpi should work. What I recommend is that a clear notation be added to those steps about the default not working under all OS and how to change it should the cpi test fail. This amounts to a reinstallation of MPICH2 so maybe there is a way to tell ahead of time. For my particular case, it is known now that the default does not work under Fedora 10.
Another thought is the RPM and yum installs. Under Fedora 10, the cpi test fails when these install processes are used. Is there a way to reconfigure RPM and yum installs?
My comments are just meant to be helpful regarding the documentation and installation process.
Many thanks for everyone's assistance in this matter.
Best,
Peter.