[mpich-discuss] buildiface

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior lcjunior at ufrj.br
Thu Jun 25 16:05:53 CDT 2009

Hi all,
I would like to ask a question about MPI implementation and not directly
linked to MPI itself.

I'm developing a library in C and I would like to distribute also for
FORTRAN (actually, I'm following much of the MPICH's programming style).
Browsing through MPICH's code, I have seem in the "binding" directory the
"buildiface" script and, as far as I understood, it creates the necessary
code to wrap C routines and publish them to the FORTRAN library.

My question is: buildiface script was developed from MPICH's team from
scratch or there is a tool to help through this process?
Any suggestion on the process of wrapping C routines to FORTRAN library will
help.

Thanks in advance and sorry for asking non MPI related questions.

Luiz//