[mpich-discuss] How to use myrinet in mpich2?

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Wed Jun 24 14:51:26 CDT 2009

Luís,

Make sure you get MPICH2 1.1 for much improved Nemesis/MX support.

You may also want to try MPICH2-MX 1.0.8p1..3:

http://www.myri.com/scs/download-mpichmx.html

It is based on MPICH2 1.0.8p1.

You may want to compare the two. In my testing, MPICH2-MX has much
better shared-memory performance, especially on machine with a lot of
cores, and slightly lower latency (~200-300 ns). In MPICH2 1.1, they
have support for knem on Intel Core2 and later processors which will
give much better shared memory support.

If you need dynamic process management, thread multiple support, and/
or one-sided support, you must use Nemesis/MX.

Scott