[mpich-discuss] CPI test fails under Fedora 10

peter_raeth at juno.com peter_raeth at juno.com
Fri Jun 19 14:45:14 CDT 2009

Hi Peter,

Can you try running the cpi that fails in gdb and send us the output?
We have some inline assembly in 1.1 and I just want to rule that out.

Just do:
  gdb cpi
then type
(then enter) and send us the output.

Also send us the output of
  cat /proc/cpuinfo
and
  uname -a
and
  mpich2version

Thanks,
-d

Today I started fresh. Downloaded Fedora 10 i386 and installed it on a different machine. The install processes completely reformatted the disk before installing anything. This machine is not connected to a network.
Then I installed mpich2-1.1 by following the installer guide pp 2-6, all steps through step 11. All steps went well. No RPMs were used, just the source.
Then I went to the examples directory and built cpi.c and followed that with Darius' steps. The console output is attached.
Many thanks to all for working with me on this.
Best,
Peter.