[mpich-discuss] coll_test.c

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 8 10:43:36 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 06:37:16PM -0500, Wei-keng Liao wrote:

> In romio/test/coll_test.c, the same fileview is used for both write and
> read.
> Some errors may not be detected.
>
> I suggest to add the following code segment between write and read to
> check
> the entire file contents before the read. (between lines 154 and 155)

That's a good suggestion.  At first I was worried that the amount of
data would be too much for rank 0, but then I saw the test initializes
the dataset by allocating an array of that size anyway.   (Plus, 128K
is hardly excessive, and even a 64x64x64 darray of doubles would still
be 2 gigs.)

The one tweak I made was to increment the error count when rank 0
verifies the write and finds a discrepancy.

Thanks for the contribution!  I've checked this in as r4673
==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA