[mpich-discuss] Compiler to Compiler Interface

Bhakta, Viharkumar vsbhakta at STPEGS.COM
Wed Jun 3 13:02:19 CDT 2009

Howdy,

My name is Vihar Bhakta and I am currently working for South Texas Project.  I have a question regarding to what exactly mpi is capable of.  From my understanding, it seems that the script can take a code written for one compiler and provide a source file for a different type of compiler, i.e. convernting Lahey files to be capable of running with gcc.  Please let me know if I have understood the root function of MPI properly.

Thanks,
Vihar Bhakta