[mpich-discuss] MPI_Waitany: "The semaphore timeout period has expired. ( errno 121)"

David_Lowinger at ea.epson.com David_Lowinger at ea.epson.com
Mon Jun 1 17:23:13 CDT 2009

I am encountering the following error at runtime when using MPI_Waitany:

"The semaphore timeout period has expired. ( errno 121)"

It looks like it's occuring in MPIDU_Sock_wait around line 2603.  Can I
get more information on this error somewhere?  Is there a way to increase
this "timeout period"?

On a separate note, is there a proper way to implement a "dynamic network"
using MPI, ie. a network in which nodes are added or subtracted during
runtime?  Can someone recommend a good document or method for that?

Thank you and regards,
David