[mpich-discuss] ad_pvfs2_read bug in ADIOI_PVFS2_ReadStrided()

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 1 14:33:45 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 07:01:31PM -0500, Wei-keng Liao wrote:
> I suspect there is a bug at line 480, file ad_pvfds2_read.c.
> Here is the test case. Each process defines a noncontiguous fileview
> using MPI_Type_vector() and MPI_File_read_all() reads an amount
> that is less than the size of first contiguous block in fileview.

Hi Wei-keng.  Thanks for the test case.

Could you take a look at the attached patch?  I tried to handle all
the cases in the most straightforward way.    I'll follow up on the
other part of your question after i get done with this meeting:

With these changes I pass your test case with two processors, and the
ROMIO test suite passes all tests.

May I add vector-read to the suite?

Thanks
==rob