[mpich-discuss] Question about MPICH2

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 31 14:05:06 CDT 2009

MPICH2 has multiple ways for launching jobs. MPD is currently the
default mechanism. The README has more details on how to use it. The
users guide has even more details.

Together with MPD, MPICH2 also contains Hydra, which is more similar to
the MPICH-1 style of launching processes.

% mpiexec.hydra -f hostfile -n 4 ./app

  -- Pavan